The Drive Trust Alliance would like to thank the companies below for their commitment to the DTA open source effort and our mission of increasing awareness of self-encrypting drives (SEDs) in the consumer market.
Want to join the growing list of members? We would welcome your involvement. See below for more information.
Given the widespread adoption of self-encrypting drives (SEDs) in the enterprise market, it is clear that SEDs are a great success. But the consumer market still has yet to fully embrace this technology. The Drive Trust Alliance (DTA) public educational activities, such as this web site and our participation in public outreach, and the DTA open-source code will improve this adoption, but we need your help in supporting this effort.
We encourage you to become a member.
There are four tiers of membership, each targeted at specific groups.
- Free is targeted at the general public and also individuals or groups that are doing constrained testing and deployments of SED technology.
- Silver is targeted at the needs of IT Departments in planning and managing SED deployments. Any company or organization of any size should find significant benefit at the Silver membership level.
- Gold is targeted at companies or organizations that may desire any of our work-for-hire services on a retail basis.
- Platinum is targeted at companies or organizations that wish to have a seat at the table on our efforts in expanding adoption and who may wish to potentially save money on our work-for-hire services or seek special provisions in those services that are outside our standard agreements.
Remember that the Drive Trust Alliance does not develop new technical specifications, but rather assists users and implementers to understand and successfully implement the SED storage device standards. These standards have been created by the TCG Storage Workgroup (such as Opal), ISO/ANSI T10 SAS and T13 SATA, USB, OMA, and OASIS KMIP for network control.
Whether you are a customer for superior SED technology for data leakage protection or a producer in the SED technology ecosystem, you will find that the Drive Trust Alliance provides a convenient means to save costs while enhancing the shared goals of broad adoption. There is no doubt that SED technology has already had enormous impact on containing the global data leakage problem, but there is still a long way to go as evidenced by the continuing events that make the press daily.
Members are required to agree to the terms of our Membership Agreement. But the terms are very straightforward. Click here to view our Membership Agreement.
Content available on the www.DriveTrust.com website is free and does not require a membership. Below is a list of the types of content available for free.
- Pointers to public educational material on SEDs that experts believe is the best material.
- Pointers to our GitHub and SourceForge sites for the Source Code for Opal Clients that is always free.
- List of all known SED devices in the marketplace, plus (if available) single-click buy and single-click to specifications provided by vendors.
- List of all known client software for SEDs. This includes those that employ our open source code, and those that don’t. This includes logos and company web sites where possible.
- How-to pages, including videos, on how to set up and use SEDs with and without using our open source code.
- The public LinkedIn message board.
Silver Level Services are designed for IT and other professionals who want to stay abreast of SED developments. Below is a list of services available at no charge to Silver Members.
- Access to the current Open Source roadmap web page(s) that describe future features, planned features, and status of planned features.
- Access to the description of the pluses and minuses of all known SEDs in the marketplace.
- Guaranteed two-business-day response to questions sent from your registered email (limit: 4/mo.).
- A listing, if requested, on our members page on www.DriveTrust.com
- The private LinkedIn message board specific to IT discussions on SED Deployment.
Gold Level Members get all Silver Level Services at no charge. Gold Level Members may also procure Custom Professional Services below at commercial rates through our member services agreement.
- Source code implementation support
- Additional software development on a for-hire basis
- Internal Member Education – Onsite
- Webinar-based Education
- Conference Talks
- Conference Booths
- Conference Sponsorship (Less Conference Fee)
- Tailored SED Collateral
- Custom (branded) White Papers
- Public Relations Partnerships
- Other services appropriate to your needs
- The private LinkedIn message board specific to Gold Level Members.
Platinum Level Members enjoy the same benefits as Gold Level Members, plus the additional benefits below.
- A Seat on the Drive Trust Alliance Open Source Roadmap Advisory Board that meets for two hours quarterly and access to the associated private LinkedIn message board.
- A Seat on the Drive Trust Alliance Website Advisory Board that meets for two hours quarterly and access to the associatedprivate LinkedIn message board.
- A 10% discount off the commercial rates for all Custom Professional Services
- A Platinum member can negotiate changes to our member services agreement. Gold Level Members must accept the standard services agreement as is. The Drive Trust Alliance remains open, of course, to suggestions for improvement to our standard services agreement.